Dock icons disappeared... Completely- help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Simgar988, May 20, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

My docked icons (safari, iPod, phone, messages, and istudiez pro) just up and disappeared on me a second ago. They are nowhere to be found. As far as I know I didn't tamper with anything (possible hit optimize theme, but this would have been when I went to winterboard after they disapeard. I'm not using poof or anything, just catagories. This is very strange and has never happened. The only way I can see them is through spotlight, but the icon image is of original icons, not the theme that I'm using, unlike say mail (which is still visable) that shows up in spotlight with the themed icon image, not the original. WTF help please!!

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

U can put other icons on the dock right? The icons that dissapered aren't like invisible. Try using another theam and see if they reappear if anything maby just sync ur phone or as a last resort restore

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Wow. I just tried to put facebook in the dock and it ATE it! WTF, just poof disappeared to who te **** knows where. Now the native fb icon shows up in spotlight. It's gone

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

5. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Resetting/ rebooting no good. Please, no more restore advice, I understand that I can fix it with a restore. I'd rather not do that though unless it's a last resort

6. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Scratch that. Facebook is still custom themed in spotlight

7. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!

Its an issue with the five icon dock having bugs that screw with the springboard and if you accidentally try to put a sixth icon in the dock it makes them all dissappear. What i did was I messed around in SBSsettings for like 15 minutes hiding and unhiding the icons that i was missing, eventually they came back and I haven't had an issue since.. Just try hiding and unhiding the icons and see if they pop up on any of your pages and after you get all of them back the dock should work like normal.

I don't know if I got lucky or something but just tinker around with hiding the icons and also select and deselect them from the "docked icon" list in sbsettings and you should eventually get them back.

I was definitely freaking out when it did that because i kept putting icons in the dock and it ate them like you described, so i ended up having to get 7-8 icons out of the iphone's magical stomach.

8. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Thanks. Much more helpful than "restore" :rolleyes: did you uninstall 5 icon dock? Is that a no no?

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I did not uninstall 5 icon dock.. I mean I guess you could try if messing around with the hide/unhide settings doesn't work. I'm not sure if that would bring them back or make their disappearance permanent.

10. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Perfect. It worked beautifully. I totally forgt about that option in sbsettings. Thanks!

11. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-