Dock icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Superis, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Superis macrumors newbie

Superis

Hello!

I am having trouble changing the icons on my dock. For some reason, it does not allow me to change my iTunes, Stickies or Quicktime Player icons - but allows me to change all the icons of the applications that I have bought/downloaded myself. Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thank you in advance! ♥

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Once you have changed the icon of an application and start the application, the new icon should also appear in the Dock.

Btw, the Dock does not allow changing of icons via some Dock menu or so.
    You need to change icons via Finder or third party applications like CandyBar.

What method do you use to change the icons of applications and what method did you wanna use to change the icons in the Dock?

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

It may be an authority issue that is easily fixed. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to shed some light on that.

My question for you is this. Are the icons changing for you on the applications themselves, just not in the dock? Sometimes the application needs to be replaced on the dock for the new icon to show up there. I've had this happen to me several times but not consistently.

4. Superis thread starter macrumors newbie

Superis

@spinnerlys Well, I convert the icon on iconverter.com, then copy & paste it. Finally, I go to "Get Info" and past the icon there. It has worked for me thus far (on the applications that I have bought/downloaded), but not for the ones that come with my Macbook Pro (like iTunes, etc).
    I think I might have to use Candybar. ):

@redwarrior Authority issue? Um, I am the only user on my laptop. xD; So I don't think so, but thank you for trying to help!
    Oh no, it simply does not allow me to change the icon at all. I can copy the icon I want to use, but my Mac refuses to let me paste it.