Dock is GONE.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Simon3dg, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Simon3dg macrumors newbie

Guys, I tried to configure my dock to change it's layout. I found the Dock file in system library and switched up some files in the dock application package. Then I used the "killall Dock" cmd in terminal to restart the dock, but the thing just disappeared and now i can't get it back. I've edited the files back to normal and restarted the Mac several times, but it doesn't work. I also tried the "killall Dock" cmd again after replacing the new files with the original. When i try to launch the Dock App it tells me I am unable to, cause of PowerPC not longer supported. (something in that manner). What to do? :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

What exact Mac and Mac OS X version do you have?
    To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:
    [​IMG]
    To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
    [​IMG]
    To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
    To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).​

And via what method (link?) did you try to change the appearance of the Dock?

Do you employ any kind of backup, and if so, is it current?

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

3. Simon3dg thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Mac OSX Mountain Lion. Macbook 2,4GHz 2GB Memory.

My backup is a year old Snow Leopard. Will lose alot.

http://www.leoparddocks.com/ for the tweak.

I created a new user, no dock.

4. ppcg4mac macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

do you still have the ml installer? i think that that would work... and not wipe your data (but backup just in case)

LEOPARD DOCKS IS FOR LEOPARD! Mac osx 10.8 has a COMPLETELY different dock program and not even candybar can change the background of my dock. if my MacBook wasn't with apple (bad fan) i would send you the dock.app, sorry :(