Dock Location

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crimsontide165, Mar 14, 2011.

1. crimsontide165 macrumors member

crimsontide165

I am constantly switching my dock location between bottom and right, along with hiding and showing it. I know the keyboard shortcut for hiding/showing: alt+command+d. However, is there anyway or any app I could use to set a keyboard shortcut for switching the dock location? Thanks.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I'm sure this is possible. You can do this with applescript as shown here. Then it's only a matter of tying a keyboard shortcut to run that script. You'll probably need another script to put the dock in another spot and another keyboard shortcut for the other script though with some thought, you may be able to find a way to write a "toggle" script that moves the dock between 2 or more spots when you hit the shortcut key.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I doubt it but you could write a script.
    Why though? What is the point?
    I personally never liked hiding the Windows task bar but the dock is such a useless gimmick that I hardly ever use it at all. The only point to it is to see which programs are running hidden. In every other case switching with touchpad gestures, screen corners, spaces, shortcuts or Alfred is way faster and more convenient. Dock is for Noobs only. ;)

4. crimsontide165 thread starter macrumors member

crimsontide165

Thanks! Saved the script and found an article showing how to run a script off of a keyboard shortcut.