Dock Magnification Lag on Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by J0eyCasco, Jul 21, 2011.

1. J0eyCasco macrumors newbie

When running the cursor through the document, the magnification has a slow and annoying frame rate... for some reason it seems to only do it when the dock is at the bottom of the screen. When the dock is at the left and right of my screen it runs fine. Anyone experiencing this? It was all running fine when SL was on my Mac...:confused:

2. breathe82 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you, after upgrading to lion the dock magnification is laggy.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

3. J0eyCasco thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bo98 macrumors member

Me.

5. RJCP macrumors 6502

Me too. Already reported it. :)

Which systems do you have, by the way?

6. andyffer, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

andyffer macrumors member

practically everything is laggy

with animations, flash, etc

7. Bo98, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

Bo98 macrumors member

2010 iMac 27" w/ 2.8 GHz Core i5

I'm yet to test it on my 2010 13" MBP.

The Dock Magnification isn't always laggy for me, just sometimes.

8. RJCP macrumors 6502

Yes, for me too. It's the only laggy animation though, the rest are fine.

9. chaseerry macrumors member

10. Jawcl macrumors newbie

Yep I'm having the same problem on an iMac of last year, all of these bugs are driving me crazy.

11. phobox macrumors member

Im glad its not just me thats noticed the laggy dock magnification. I thought the worst and assumed it must be something horribly wrong with my setup somewhere, but Im glad to see others are experiencing the same thing. Heres hoping Apple get to fixing these silly bugs, of which there appears to be quite a few.

12. J0eyCasco thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running Lion on a late 2008 Macbook Unibody. 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 250 gb hd, 4g RAM.

I put the dock on the right side of my screen and there is barley any lag when it's over there. However, when I put it back to the bottom it still seems laggy. This has to be fixed.

13. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

14. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

To be honest I am not noticing any lag whatsoever on my late 2009 mini. That seems weird as I had MAJOR legginess problems with Snow Leopard throughput the first months of its release up to 10.6.5 or so.

Lion is really fast.

15. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

16. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I have a machine with similar specs and noticed a lag. I shut off the magnification on the dock as a result.

17. Shivon macrumors newbie

Having the same problem with my Macbook Pro from 2011 with the Core i5 processor. After the upgrade the dock magnification has a small lag that is somewhat noticeble. Also you if you a few apps opened up and use the 4 finger swipe for Mission Control, you can notice a small animation lag too.

This problem how ever, is fixed once I boot up the Steam application. Once you do that, everything is running smooth again for the animations on the dock and Mission Control. There seems to be a sort off energy saving mode when the GPU is not fully used. And Steam for some reason boosts up the GPU a bit causing no more animation lagness. So apparently without those GPU app running, the OS is not giving itself the GPU power to run the animations smoothly. Friend of mine who is an Apple technician recommended to wait for the coming updates and see if it will be fixed then. A lot of big fixes are coming in the 10.7.2.

18. Shivon macrumors newbie

Unfortunately the 10.7.2 update did not fix the problem for me with the dock :(. It get's fixed once I open up Steam again but when I close it, the dock and Mission Control lag comes back. Really hoping this gets some attention from Apple soon.

19. star747jet macrumors newbie

I have the same problem.So hope they fix it soon:apple: !!