Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
Friends please suggest me the 7 in 1 or 6 in 1 dock/multiport dongle for my m1 macbook pro, i want 2 usb 3.0, hdmi, ethernet, usb c ports, i have seen on amazon and thee are plenty of, i liked Hyperdrive but dont know its performance, please guide

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I use the OWC Thunderbolt Dock with my M1 MBA. It works great.

The other popular dock here that has good hands on experience is Caldigit.

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
If you want to connect multiple devices, especially external storage, it's better to get a powered dock for more consistent reliable performance. They are powered for a reason.

The non-powered ones are good for portability.

smbu2000

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
I don't know about the Hyperdrive. For portable use with my M1 MBP, I use a TwelveSouth StayGo usb-c hub.
https://www.twelvesouth.com/products/staygo-usb-c-hub

It's solidly built and has hdmi/ethernet/3xUSB-A/SD&microSD/USB-C passthrough power.
The short cable stows away inside the device and it also includes a 1meter usb-c cable to use when docked at home.
It works great and I haven't had any problems with it. It's about the same size as my old iPhone 5, but slightly more thicker.

At home I have the powered OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro connected to my M1 Mac Mini. It's more expensive though (being TB3) and since I switched to the silent M1 Mini, I can hear the noise from the small fan in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.