Dock not losing focus bug

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by NorthDakota91, Feb 21, 2012.

1. NorthDakota91 macrumors member

Hi guys, I've noticed a little bug in Lion. It seems that, under some conditions, switching between fullscreen apps in Mission Control makes the Dock "think" that the mouse pointer is on an icon, even if it is not. This is how to replicate such bug:

1) Open an app and make it fullscreen (say Safari)
    2) Switch back to the desktop
    3) Click on the Safari icon on the Dock - you're back in Safari now (this is what triggers the bug)
    4) Switch to the desktop again
    5) Now trigger Mission Control, switch to any fullscreen app and look at the Dock: the name of the app appears (Safari in this case) like if you hover the pointer over its icon even if the mouse pointer is not on the Dock. Also, if the magnification is on, the Dock also magnifies.

I know, I know, this is not a big deal of a bug in the end. But it gets kinda annoying, especially with magnification ON. BTW, repairing permissions, cleaning caches, reinstalling lion etc haven't solved this little bug. Did you notice it?

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

I get it all the time. There are many more bugs like it, but I guess Mountain Lion is almost upon us, so reporting makes no difference at all.

3. NorthDakota91 thread starter macrumors member

I hope they fix in ML in first place and fix it also for Lion though -or- they make ML free for Lion users. I would be kinda ashamed about the contrary.