Dock & Port covers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalexn, Oct 31, 2012.

1. kalexn macrumors 6502

Has anyone ever used these? I was reading a post where they had never dropped it in water but their sensor in their headphone jack was still red. Of course, now I am terrified this is going to happen to me.

Has anyone used the dock/port covers? Where did you get them? Are they even worth it? Of course I am just talking about protecting from water damage from rain or something when you are out and about, not dropping it in the pool or something :)

2. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Take a look at this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1460203&highlight=dust+cap.

3. kalexn, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you but that other thread was more about where to get them and I can find them easily. I wasn't too clear as I did say where did you get them, but I meant if you like them which ones do you like vs others. Sorry about that. I just don't want to spend money on a product other people think is pretty useless.

I just wanted to hear from people who actually used them and if they found any benefit or if they were just annoying to keep track of.

Thanks!!

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I use them because I hate seeing dust in the port and headphone jack. They are annoying to keep track of, especially now with the smaller lightning port, but I still choose to use them because they are cheap to replace.