Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2003
My dock will not resize anymore any ideas to why this might be.

Have you had this problem.?

I am on 10.2.6 G4 700mb ram.

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Re: Dock problem Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have you installed any of that APE crap? that seems to be more trouble than its worth. If you have, try disabling it all, if not then sorry mate, i can't help.

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2003
hi mate

ya I do have some APE crap installed on my systerm. Windowshade.

Any idear how to uninstall this app.

F*@k if I now.???:mad:

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Originally posted by waynepixel
hi mate

ya I do have some APE crap installed on my systerm. Windowshade.

Any idear how to uninstall this app.

F*@k if I now.???:mad:

urm - i dunno tbh - can you not just uncheck the APE stuff thats in use in System Prefs in the APE panel?

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
While APE can indeed cause problems, I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that APE is definitely the cause here.

Do you have too many icons in your Dock (like I often have)? If so, your Dock may just be chock full of icons so it can't make them any bigger/smaller.

Of course, this rarely is the case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Would you mind providing a picture of your Dock just so we can make sure there aren't any obvious problems?

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Originally posted by simX
While APE can indeed cause problems, I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that APE is definitely the cause here.

Do you have too many icons in your Dock (like I often have)? If so, your Dock may just be chock full of icons so it can't make them any bigger/smaller.

Of course, this rarely is the case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Would you mind providing a picture of your Dock just so we can make sure there aren't any obvious problems?

damn good point. a screenie would be helpful. sometimes problems are blatantly obvious to the person who doesn't use the computer a lot; similarly with programming when you're getting some darned error that seems to be coming from nowhere...

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
Originally posted by mrjamin
similarly with programming when you're getting some darned error that seems to be coming from nowhere...

Arg, that is so true, and I hate that phenomenon *SO* much. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious to even yourself a day later or something -- sometimes I go to bed with an annoying problem in my code, and then the next time I try to tackle it, it's like... um HELLO, it's right THERE.

But I suppose that's off-topic. Sorry. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.