dock problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ronss, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ronss macrumors member

leopard 10.5
    yesterday i downloaded 3 browsers, installed them and they were placed in the dock... last night i shut down the computer, and today when i started it the computer,,the browsers are no longer in the dock..how do i get them back ....opera, cimino, firefox...leapord 10.5

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Just go into the Application folder and drag the appropriate icon to the dock .. :)

3. ronss thread starter macrumors member

okay, i have tryed that...the problem ,,, none of the browsers ii downloaded last night are there??:confused:

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Did you copy the application from the disk image into the Applications folder? Otherwise if you're running it from the mounted disk image, when the computer is shut down it will eject them

5. ronss thread starter macrumors member

okay, i dragged the opera icon into the applications folder, quess i should have done that with all 3....thanks.

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Not to worry, if you still have the .dmg file that you downloaded you can double click that and it will mount the disk image again and then you can drag the icon to the Application folder like you have done with Opera
    Practice makes perfect