Dock Question..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SnowLeopard2008, Oct 6, 2008.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just a theory, say I make the dock invisible. Can I have Safari stretch the browser window to the displays maximum? Like full screen web browsing. Will it fool safari?

2. p.luik macrumors regular

Do you mean full screen like no toolbars at the top? or just the window filling the whole screen? You can stretch the window to fill the display.

3. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No, I meant full screen safari. with toolbars. I know you can hide the toolbars though. I just heard some people complaining about how the dock wastes space, and they cant get a full screen web browser because the dock prevents you from going to far down. So I thought maybe if the dock was made invisible by some 3rd party customization app, it will fool safari.

4. p.luik macrumors regular

There is no need to fool Safari! Go to the dock menu in your system preferences. Check the checkbox that says "Automatically hide and show the dock." Everything can now be stretched to fill the screen. Eureka!

5. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My apologies. I obviously wasn't thinking clearly.

6. p.luik macrumors regular

Im just surprised you've never seen someone with a mac that doesn't show their dock.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can use Saft to make Safari go to true full screen without the Dock and Menubar. you then mouse to the top of the screen to access the menu bar. the Full Screen option is in the Safari menu. looks overkill on my 23" screen but would be useful on a MacBook/Air.

Screencapture 1.png Screencapture 2.png