dock question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wilson32, Nov 1, 2008.

1. wilson32 macrumors newbie

i picked up a macbook (white old style) today, and i am loving it, the only issue that i have, and it may seem a little silly, but when i mouse over the dock i see that the icons have their names over them, but the docks stays in place i could have sworn that one the unit i looked at when you went over the dock it "undulated" up and down in an arch type motion, is that feature some thing i have to turn on?, thanks for the help with this silly question :rolleyes:

2. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I thought magnification was turned on by default, but apparently it's not. Just go into System Preferences -> Dock and turn on magnification.

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

right click on the vertical line on the dock and choose dock preferences. you can also change it in system prefs. adjust the magnification settings.

4. wilson32 thread starter macrumors newbie

dock question

man that was fast, thats exactly what i wanted, thanks very much for the help:):):)

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

For future references: all system preferences are in the System Preferences application, which can be accessed through the dock icon, Apple menu, Applications folder, Spotlight search in the top-right corner of the screen, etc ;)