Dock Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jb007, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jb007 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently downloaded Candybar and switched some of my icons / dock.
    Now when I turn on my computer a few of the icon show a "?" - for example, program called "things for mac". This application does not show up in the candybar app folder.

When I activate the program it shows the correct icon, but the ? reoccurs when I turn off/on computer.

Anyway to keep the icons there without having to activate the program to show the icon? Frustrating that I turn on my computer and have "?" in my dock.

Thanks for comments.

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I have found that Candybar can be a bit buggy at times. It may have the custom icon I want, but it only replaces the app icon in the Applications Folder and I have to remove the one in the Dock and replace it manually. It seems to work best if I replace one icon at a time and restart the Dock, which is a bit of a pain. It took me over an hour to make the Dock set I have in the current Post Your Desktop thread. If the icon set you have doesn't contain one for the app you are referring to, keep looking or give up. I had to use all of the Lithos sets to get the icons I need, and they are all "ordinary".

Dale