Dock Rundown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by proathlete03, Jun 15, 2010.

1. proathlete03 macrumors member

It seems from what intel I have gathered from the Apple store reps that there will be two ways of using a dock.

a) Buy the iPhone 4 custom dock (nothing else works) $29
    b) Use a universal dock $49 (buy the $9 insert)

I think both of these ideas sucks, but obviously $9 sucks a lot less than $29

I have yet to test to see if the iPhone 3G dock will work - it may just because the back area is so much thinner on the iPhone 4 - but there would likely be a high chance of it falling off due to a lack of support.

2. MattWylde macrumors regular

I've owned a Universal Dock for a few years now. I find it unbelievable that Apple wants to charge you $9 just for the stupid plastic insert that makes the phone fit snug into the dock. How retarded do they think we are? I'll just be placing my phone in the dock with NO plastic insert. It works just fine with my 3GS and iPod touch. I got tired of swapping out the inserts every time I wanted to use one of the devices in the dock.

It's either that or pay another $29 for another dock (iPhone 4 specific dock - which will ONLY work with iPhone 4...no other iPhones/iPods) to sit around and clutter my entertainment center area. Doesn't that sound appealing?

RIP OFF.

3. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I see your guys' point. But I'm planning to purchase both the dock and the insert. I've got my universal dock in the living room to listen to the tunes and then the iPhone 4 dock in my room to charge it. I don't want it laying flat on the nightstand. It's a lot easier than relocating a single dock everyday.

4. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

The other option is to wait a few weeks and buy one on eBay for $3 +$7 shipping