dock size only works 1/4 of the bar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SR 7, May 5, 2009.

1. SR 7 macrumors regular

ok guys, i go to change the size of the dock icons, the entire bar doesn't do anything EXCEPT for the first 1/4th of it near hte "small" part. that gets really tinny but after that 1/4 of movement NOTHING gets bigger.

whats going on?

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Post a screen shot, Apple + Shift + 3. I don't understand.

3. SR 7 thread starter macrumors regular

ok you knw how under preferences-docks you have an option to make ur dock icons biigger....u have a bar...with a scroller on it side to side. left is small right is larger.

well lets say its at the start of small
    when i move teh scroller, the icon/docks get bigger but only about 1/4th of the way. after that, the rest of the scroller doesn't do anything as far as making hte dock bigger. the dock stays the same size.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The size slider will only adjust to the largest size supported on the display/display resolution. If it kept expanding continually it would extend past the edges of the display. Ditto for downsizing, it still has to keep the thing visible.

5. SR 7 thread starter macrumors regular

right now my icons are tiny, i can't make it bigger b/c of my resolution? when i change the resolution the entire screen gets big such as my Firefox, my mic word etc.