Dock solution for dual HDMI monitors on retina MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phositadc, Mar 3, 2014.

1. phositadc macrumors 6502

Is there a current (or forthcoming) solution that would allow me to have dual external monitors (connected using the HDMI port of the monitors--they do not have DisplayPort) without having to disconnect and reconnect each of them every time I bring my 13" MBP retina home?

I'm aware of products like the Belkin Thunderbolt Dock, but my understanding is that you can use only a single external monitor with it. Is there some dock-like solution out there that would let me use dual external monitors with the RMBP without having to disconnect and reconnect the cables every time I move the laptop? I guess it's not too burdensome to disconnect and reconnect each time, but surely there's something out there that can do what I'm looking for? Using the current dual monitor setup that I've got (HDMI inputs--no DisplayPort inputs).

Thanks.

2. philxor macrumors regular

http://hengedocks.com/preorder_HD03VA_dock.php

This Henge Dock one has dual Mini Displayport/Thunderbolt hookups and you can just use a Displayport to HDMI adapter. It's not out yet but should be available fairly soon.

They have a horizontal dock on their page coming soon as well so you can use the MBP with the screen open, but it's rather expensive.

3. wrx09md, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

wrx09md macrumors member

4. phositadc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for both posts. Good to see that the CalDigit has an onboard HDMI. Hadn't noticed that before.

5. wrx09md macrumors member

Cal Digit just released an update for the thunderbolt station.