Dock Suggestion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spidertaker23, Oct 31, 2011.

1. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

I have a iPhone 4s and I would like to use a charging dock on my dresser to charge my iPhone at night. I have a black apple bumper on it.

I would like to be able to charge my iPhone without taking my bumper off at night.

The only thing I found for docks that will work with the bumper case on your phone is this one so far: http://www.xtrememac.com/Products/Chargers/InCharge-Series/InCharge-Sync-for-iPod-iPhone-and-iPad/

Anybody have any other suggestions? I still can't believe that Apple hasn't came out with an adapter for their universal dock that supports the iPhone 4/4s with the bumper on.

2. Chucktownwhat macrumors member

Konnet makes a few docks that are very nice looking. they 30 pin connector sits above the stand and the phone rests on the connector and then the back of the phone rests on some bumpers so it can be used with most cases.

3. wellok macrumors 6502

FWIW: If you think you might want an iHome type of thing with speakers, my iHome id9 fits with my bumper. It's similar to what chucktownwhat was describing... the 30 pin connector sits raised up so that you just plop the phone on it with the back of the phone against the dock. But it's $100 so it wouldn't make sense for you unless you're in the market for something like that.

How is your bumper treating your phone? I just got mine tonight and I'm nervous about the scratching but it seems like the complaints were a lot more common with the old style and that cleaning under there once or twice a week does the trick.

4. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I picked up this over the week and I love it. I wanted something to listen to podcasts and music as I got dressed in the morning, etc. Also really wakes me up now vs using the iPhone speaker as an alarm. Comes in black too. There is also another model by Philips that is slightly larger but roughly the same price on Amazon.