Dock Usage/Advantages

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 8378922, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 8378922 Suspended

As a soon to be iPhone owner, I am asking myself how do you use your docks and how much of an advantage are they? Of course, you can use it for charging but that can also be directly done via cable. Is it better for you that it's rather standing on the dock than lying on a table while the iPhone is charging?

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I guess it helps make the cable last longer, looks nicer and is more tidy - it also has a speaker cable so it can hook up to a sound system :)

3. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

You can have a direct look at it all the time without tilting your head.
    The speaker output is a plus. Connect your headphones and leave them connected.
    Just grab your phone and go instead of unplugging the charging cable and the headphones.

The matching colors of the new apple docks look quite nice. Does anybody know if they are made of aluminium?

4. 8378922 thread starter Suspended

Thanks for your answers. I guess I'll wait a bit and may-be get one later.

5. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I'm planning on getting a dock and finally ditching my traditional alarm clock entirely. There's some great alarm clock apps out there now and the dock is the final piece of the puzzle. Not that the dock concept is new, I've just never bought one before.

6. masayako macrumors member

masayako

I personally love using the dock/stand on my work area and bedroom. Whenever I need to call the customer services, the bank or just longer conversation with friends and family, I hate holding the phone for a long period of time. Putting it on the stand make life easier. Also, when the phone is docked, it's less likely to run into problems like: coffee/tea/water spill or children dropping heavy stuff on the phone surface when you lay the phone on tabletop.

7. JayMosEnvied macrumors member

JayMosEnvied

I remember when the docks came with the first iphone. Just looks cool standing up but it sucks if you had a case because it wouldn't fit.