Dock wierdness

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DeadSirius, Apr 5, 2007.

1. DeadSirius macrumors member

Occasionally I'll find that if my cursor just accidently brushes against the dock, the dock will quickly slide in and out, but the name of the app that the cursor touched will stick and stay extended over the desktop. Only re-touching the dock and relieasing it will clear the app name off the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Never had this on my MacBook Pro. The only issues I've had with the dock are Firefox occasionally refusing to maximise unless I kick it hard, and occasionally getting stuck in magnification if I sweep past it. When I had a PowerBook, occasionally the Finder icon would go walkabouts and float off to the left hand side of the dock. Never had the issue you described on any builds of OS X (I've run 4 versions).

3. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Go into Systems Preferences>Dock. See how it's set to hide/show and location. Maybe that will help.

4. sunsnewmac macrumors 6502

sunsnewmac

yes
    I just try to keep my open app windows away from the dock so when the cursor heads on over there it doesn't disturb the dock.

5. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

When I'm going to throw something away or eject something, sometimes the dock may tuck halfway back into its spot (MBPv1) so you can only choose half of the trash or half of the eject button.

[​IMG]

I think its sort of wierd, but it shows that it's not stuck to strict code and has a small life of its own, I guess...

6. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Admit it, you just wanted us to see your wallpaper. ;)

Where can I get that, by the way? :cool:

7. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Happens to me occasionally, usually if there's a lot of Dashboard widgets open, or Expose has been used a lot recently. It's harmless, unless the Dock actually freezes, in which case, just `killall Dock` and you should be fine.

8. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan