Dock will not hide when in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smoke489, Dec 5, 2007.

1. smoke489 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have noticed that whenever I enter into full screen more for either joost, quicktime, powerpoint, etc, my dock does not disappear, rather it remains on the screen. I have tried toggling it to hide/unhide and I have also tried restarting the computer altogether, and i have had no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thank you:D

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try re-launching the dock by typing "killall Dock" in the terminal. if this doesnt work try deleting the com.apple.dock.plist preference file in home/library/preferences NB: this will set your dock to default settings.

3. smoke489 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. smoke489 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, neither seemed to work. The dock still doesn't disappear when entering into fullscreen mode for applications.

5. eric325 macrumors newbie

Try this: go to system preference, click dock and check automatically hide and show the dock. it work for me.

6. smoke489 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that before and it didnt work. However, I think I found the solution. There was a system preferences item in the "other" category entitled application enhancer. I believe it came with an app called menufela. Anyway i disabled it and I had no problems with the dock after that. Thank you for your help!

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

good to see you solved the problem:). application enhancer is known to cause a few problems with the OS and recently caused the "blue screen" when installing leopard.

8. ecurnes8888 macrumors newbie

"killall Dock" worked perfect thanks!