Dock won't stay the same

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mslat92, Mar 15, 2010.

1. mslat92 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.
    This may seem rather trivial, but I really just don't understand why this is happening.

So basically I changed my dock to look like it was wood, not the usual greyish transparency one. It all worked. However, when I moved it from the bottom of the screen to the right of the screen, it goes back to the original dock. And even if I then try to change it to the wood-like one, or even any other dock, it just doesn't change.

I know, trivial, but it's just bugging me. Why??

EDIT: The above is solved. However, then I went to try and find some replacement docks for 2D? If that's what you call it - but I can't find anything.

What I have done is put the dock on the right hand side, making it 2D, and all I have been able to find searching the net are 3D replacement docks.
    Does anyone know how I can possibly change the dock when it's on the right (or left) side? I want to make it transparent, or at least a little lighter.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you read the documentation on this wood theme if it says anything about the 2D Dock?

Maybe it is only made for the 3D Dock, which is only available on the bottom, as when the Dock is positioned on the sides, it converts to 2D.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Did you manually change the graphic file or use software such as Dock Library?

4. mslat92 thread starter macrumors newbie

spinnerlys
    Yes that is it :) Thanks for the speedy reply. Sorry if it was obvious.

5. mslat92 thread starter macrumors newbie

One more quick question (edited into the first post)