dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by linkofhyrule, Jan 7, 2009.

1. linkofhyrule macrumors newbie

Can someone please tell me how to add a quick link to the internet (whatever home page - no matter) on the dock?? Currently I have to search and search through Safari or Finder (I don't remember) to find access to internet. On PC there is internet explorer.. What about for Mac? I have an iMac OSX. Cheers.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Drag Safari to the Dock...

Seriously...

And any other App you might want. Safari is probably already THERE.

3. tominabox1 macrumors regular

Your dock already has a link to Safari (probably), that accesses the internet (if you're on high speed). The icon looks like a compass.

I dont know how dialup works so if you connect through a phone line, let us know.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Um, is Safari in your dock? That's a web browser.

If not, or if you prefer another web browser (firefox) then navigate to your Applications folder in Finder, then drag the web browser of your choice to the dock.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Safari pwns Internet Explorer. Any version of Safari vs. IE 8. Anyways, just highlight the link and drag the link to the dock. You'll get a little spring looking icon. Click that to go back to the link.

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I think the OP wants to make a link to a specific website on his dock, not a link to Safari... or maybe not. I can't really understand the question.

Just drag the website icon on the left of the address bar to your dock. Make sure that it's on the right side of the line that splits the applications and your trash/stacks.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm confused...

Safari is the web browser. Opening Safari is essentially just like opening Internet Explorer.

If you don't have Safari on your dock (icon looks like a compass) then just open your applications and drag it into the dock.

If you prefer Firefox, drag that into the dock.

You can also make a link to any website on the dock by pulling it up in Safari, and then grabbing the handle to the left of the URL in Safari and dragging it to the right side of the dock, next to the trash can. But you don't need to do this if all you want is a web browser.