Dockable flip-back slider case for iphone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalt, Oct 24, 2011.

1. kalt macrumors regular

I had a case for my 3GS that I really loved - it was very thin, the bottom quarter of the case flipped back and the phone slid in from the bottom. You could flip the bottom of the case back while the phone was inside and it would fit into a standard iphone dock without having to take the entire case off. I can't find any of these for the 4S. Why don't they make these anymore? Or am I just not finding them? I actually had 2-3 of these for my old iPhone... i think one was made by iCase, and i know one was made by Victorinox - was red with a swiss army logo on it.

Ok, I did find one like this for the iphone 4 on Amazon, but it's by far the ugliest, junkiest looking case I've ever seen... far from the thin, elegant, simple one I had for the 3GS. It seems like the popular design for cases these days is based on an exploded, chopped up monster truck tire. 90% are so ugly and bulky that I would rather have a cracked screen than use any of them. But I digress... does anyone know of a case that fits the new iPhone 4S like I'm describing? One simple piece of quality plastic, the bottom flips back (but doesn't come off completely, that's annoying and scratches the phone over time) so the phone can be docked.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

2. LexCan macrumors newbie