Docking Station Configuration

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stockcerts, Jul 20, 2012.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm getting close to purchasing a MBA 11 to replace my older iMac. I'm considering buying a Henge Dock along with an additional USB drive. I have a USB drive now, but I'll continue to use that one for backups. The new drive will be for my files as the MBA's SSD drive isn't large enough to hold all my data.

For the monitor I'm considering using my 32 Samsung LCD TV which I'm not currently using as I bought a larger TV.

Just wondering if some of you are using your MBA in a docked configuration and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!

2. robvas macrumors 68020

TV stinks for a monitor IMO. Too big, too bright.

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

You can check my configuration in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1406624

I'm not sure how well a tv would work as a monitor, my brother tried that a few years ago and to me it seemed like the color was so over saturated it made it hard to read text. But he seemed to like it, so try it out first and see what you think. If you don't like it, the thunderbolt display from apple is the best, but it's expensive at $999, if that's too much Dell makes some great monitors with integrated USB hubs that work close to what you would get with a thunderbolt display.