Dockless broke Mail!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by newcube, Apr 17, 2011.

1. newcube macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I've just been playing with Dockless to hide icons from my dock (OS X 10.6.7, mail version 4.5 (1084))

So, it worked OK but now Mail can't access the KeyChain. If I get mail and type in my POP3 password WITHOUT ticking "remember in keychain" Mail can retrieve my emails. If I tick the box, Mail can't connect to my POP3 box.

Further reading points to the info.plist file has been edited by Dockless and has "unsigned" Mail so it can't talk to the KeyChain (or something - I'm new to Macs)

Is there something I can do? Reinstall the .plist from somewhere or something?

I did "undo" the Dockless hide icon business so the info.plist is back to how it started but I suspect the file's signature has been modified...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Nic

2. newcube thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorted - if you can call it that...

I deleted Mail and emptied the trash then reinstalled from the 10.6.4 OS X install DVD. Finally then had to run the OS X 10.6.7 upgrade package from Apple website.

All now works - Mail can once again access the KeyChain. Phew!

Cheers,
    Nic

3. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

Out of curiosity, why would you use a program to hide icons? why not just remove them from the dock...

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

It's so you can have an app running but not have it's icon appear in the dock.

5. newcube thread starter macrumors newbie

I was actually trying to hide the AccuWeather app's dock icon to turn it into a Windows 7 style widget. It didn't work as, I suspect, it's an Adobe Air app.

That's when I tried it on Mail to see... Oops!