dockmod has made my desktop and dock dissapear HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JordanLobos, Jul 3, 2013.

1. JordanLobos macrumors newbie

I recently installed dockmod and used it until the trial was over. Which was fine. All was working fine, and I decided to launch it and click on apply selected theme. Turns out doing this cause a massive bug and failure which completely deletes your desktop and dock, and they never come back on. So now there is just a gray screen on my desktop, and my dock is completely gone. Can't reset it, can't switch between desktops, can't use the list functionality in mountain lion. It's all gone. Luckily the menu bar is still around and I can use search to launch things like the internet. This bug also affects multiple user accounts. I really don't know what to do, any help in this matter will be greatly, and I mean greatly appreciated.

2. JordanLobos thread starter macrumors newbie

This issue has been fixed, thanks to email replies from the dockmod developer. Got to love great customer service. Also if anybody else has this problem, I could potentially help you.

Again the issue has been solved. It was scary, but it's resolved.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Now you know why I don't monkey around with stuff like that. For me it's less aggravation to simply use the system without trying to customize it with add-ons. The add-ons have a tendency to make a mess that is difficult to clean up.

4. Jon Murdock, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

Jon Murdock macrumors newbie

After the first update of this application applied months ago on Mountain Lion, the license process stopped to work. After bunch of emails, authors of the app never found the solution of "invalid license". I paid for this app and it stopped to work as a purchased one after the first update!!!! My purchased license became a rejected license.

Now i have a fresh install of Mavericks, fresh install of dockmod for Mavericks... when i active with my good old purchased license: invalid license!!! I paid for this app.... they took my money and offered no solution in return.

A piece of advice : stay far from this haxie...