Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vvswarup

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
As a purely symbolic move, I applaud Tim Cook on this. I don't know how many CEOs would have done that.

But let's face it. Tim Cook has got plenty of money with or without this compensation. It's not like he agreed to work for free for a whole year.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Not sure I like it, especially if it's tied to short term stock performance. There's nothing rational about the way Wall Street views Apple. And I would hate to see an Apple CEO make decisions based on short term stock performance (because his/her compensation is tied to it).

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Regardless of what some may say about TCs leadership, this is real leadership....and he is doing it with his pocketbook.

Bravo, Tim

Tim Cook docks himself $4 million in pay....

His decision was made out of a "strong desire to set a leadership example in the area of CEO compensation and governance," Apple said in its filing.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/30/technology/tim-cook-pay/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This IS impressive for a CEO of a US company. But the gold standard of CEO's in my book is still the boss of Japan Airline. The business culture in 'Murica is what it is. It's nice to see at least ONE CEO taking steps to change that. Bravo, indeed.

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Lee Iacocca took a dollar a year salary while he was restructuring Chrysler and paying the loan back. None of these men are poor nor while they notice the loss but the gesture speaks

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Holy crap do something good and get damned for it on Macrumors.

Grow up people, the guy did something most CEO's wouldn't do. Does he have lots of money? Sure but giving up a giant piece of ones salary is nothing to sniff at.

MacCruiskeen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
We don't determine Cook's salary or Apple's stock price.

Besides if it was up to MacRumors forum users Cook would probably be fired by now. :)

That may be so, but the views here still aren't any more rational than anywhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.