Docks that work with PS Air Jacket for 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by crazyyankeefan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

i have the power support air jacket on my 3g, but i really don't want to take it off every time i want to charge it on my 3g dock, so i've been plugging the cable directly into my phone. however, it really bothers me that the clips on the sides of the connector scratch hard on the sides of iphone port.

does anybody have the same concern? can somebody suggest me any dock that could work without taking off the air jacket? thanks

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I also have the same problem, mine has actually chips already on the left side part near the iPhone port. I already made an appointment at the Genius bar (Apple store) and he said just be careful with inserting the cable. I don't have a dock and I constantly use a cable to charge/sync and play it on my car (F.M. transmitter + charging)

I think I might end up with a chipped white bottom before they'll replace it (hopefully it won't get screwed up)

3. crazyyankeefan thread starter macrumors regular

i really think the design of the dock connector is flawed...why didn't they make it like those docks which have no clips on the sides?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I really like what Griffin did to the Powerjolt SE car charger for iPhone 3G, their dock connector has a button on two sides where you can push so the clips would bury down while you insert your connector - without damaging your phone. I wish Apple did that as well. If only I have a digicam here I could show mine shows like a crack (but Genius said it's only a chip) :mad:

And my budget is tight right now so I'm holding off with the Apple iPhone 3G(or Universal) docks.