DockStar 2.1.1 installation goes on forever on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MiataMac, Aug 29, 2009.

1. MiataMac macrumors member

Has anybody been able to install DockStar 2.1.1 (for Mail.app) in Snow Leopard yet?

My DockStar was gone after upgrading to Snow Leopard. Tried downloading the new 2.1.1 version that the makers claim is Snow Leopard compatible, but once I launch the installer and click "Install", I'm told to agree to terms, enter my OS X password and then it just says "Installing DockStar" forever, until I quit it. It doesn't freeze or anything, it just doesn't install anything either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. rragle macrumors newbie

Same here...

Not that it really helps you, but you are not the only one experiencing this problem. My only difference is it goes through the install process, but when I go to mail preferences, the DockStar pref pane is not there.

Edit: I did get it working doing the following:
    1. Reboot computer
    2. Ensure that mail is not running
    3. Run Dockstar install 2.1.1 once more

After that, it did work correctly. As I side note I have noticed the installed is a bit wonky in 10.6 I had to make several attempts in order to install Final Cut Studio 3 correctly.

3. MiataMac thread starter macrumors member

At least I know it's not only me, then :)

But mine does still not work even after restarting and making sure that mail is not running :( I hope their support gets back to me soon.

4. MiataMac thread starter macrumors member

I finally found a solution.

I created a new user account on my Mac and installed DockStar there - it worked. So I went into ~\library\Mail\Bundles and copied DockStar.mailbundle to a safe place, then I logged back into my primary user account and I copied DockStar.mailbundle from my safe place to the bundles within Mail, and it worked.

Now we just need Letterbox and Letter Opener support for Snow Leopard...