DockSwitcher

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Sweet, I don't have 10.5 yet, but will soon.
Curious to see if Unsanity's Cleardock gets a 10.5 compatability update.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Glad you like it!

If there's enough interest I might even add in options to change the dock images, as in the other thread.
Is there a way to make stacks appear as the parent and not the contents?

ex. you home folder, harddrives, and applications folders look like those items icons rather than the first item in them.

Comment

ant_s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Derby, UK
Is there a way to make stacks appear as the parent and not the contents?

ex. you home folder, harddrives, and applications folders look like those items icons rather than the first item in them.
I'm not entirely sure...I understand why this would be helpful, though. If anyone else finds out how to do this, I could put it into this app as well.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I'm not entirely sure...I understand why this would be helpful, though. If anyone else finds out how to do this, I could put it into this app as well.
I guess b/c stacks are meant for somewhat smaller collections it might not be that helpful since really stacks should contain downloads, docs, and other files and not really apps. What I would really want it for is b/c I want to still have my HD, home folder and apps folders in my dock, but I want that for nested functionality which stacks doesn't provide access to subfolders other than opening the finder.

So I guess what I really want is for Apple or a 3rd party to give the option of making a docked folder/drive either a stack or nested.

Comment

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
this may evolve into a Dock editor, so stay tuned...
now that would be cool, if you could edit the dock without constantly deleting those scurve files and pasting new ones in there. I assume something like that would have to come with its own set of files/styles to choose from

Comment

ant_s

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Derby, UK
now that would be cool, if you could edit the dock without constantly deleting those scurve files and pasting new ones in there. I assume something like that would have to come with its own set of files/styles to choose from
Yeah that'd be the intention, with the ability to add your own images in as well, for total flexibility.

Comment

telf22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
thx dude, is that classic one the one that is used when its on the side?

Comment

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
A dock editor would be awesome!! I really want to try out of few of those other docks in the other thread, but I don't feel like dealing with all the files...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.