Dockulicious - Upload and share your Leopard docks & more...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by idyll, Nov 10, 2007.

1. idyll macrumors 6502

Someone suggested I post it to digg so here goes:

DIGG IT!

So a friend and I have been working very hard for the past week on Dockulicious.com.

Basically, it is a place for people to upload and share the docks they have created for Leopard. Unlike the other sites that are just compilations of all the docks out there where people really get no proper credit, this allows you to upload your dock and set up a profile with a link to your website, etc. You can also download other people's docks and comment on them.

We also made an app called the Dockulicious DockSwitcher. The way it works is you take the dock you download from our site (as a .zip file) and drag it on to the Dockulicious app icon. It replaces the current dock you have and restarts the dock so you see the changes immediately. We really wanted to make it as simple as possible. We've been letting others test it for a week or so now and all the kinks have been ironed out so go ahead and try it. Works with not only 3D but ALSO 2D docks.

All of this has not been completely released to the public yet, so I figured I'd show it to the MacRumors and MacNN crowds first. I'm sure you'll find some bugs/things we missed, so if you do please let us know and we'll get on it.

Stuff we are working on for now:
    Rating System

Any advice, feedback, etc. would be much appreciated!

Mods: I really don't intend for this to be a spam post. I feel it is genuinely Mac related and I've been a member of these forums for a bit now. If you feel this thread belongs elsewhere, then please accept my apologies and move it to the proper sub-forum.

2. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

3. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, it is much appreciated! We really haven't received as much feedback as we would like, perhaps no news is good news. Hope everything is working OK and in order :)

4. Halsey12 macrumors regular

Awesome... I can't believe this isn't more popular and more shared! Thanks for your work!

5. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

Vey nice, thank you! This is an obvious need.

6. haiggy macrumors 65816

This is awesome... especially since you packaged it with a program that will change the dock for you. Great work

7. mickhyperion macrumors regular

mickhyperion

I like it. I'm using it. Thank you very much!

8. Aranince macrumors 65816

they should have gone with del.icio.us...dock.icio.us :D

9. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Signed up... and downloaded. Great, made it so easy for guys like me.:eek:

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

First off, realize this. I've only had a mac for 4 days so I'm new with everything, even installing files properly, but none the less I think I installed the dock switcher app correctly and have the icon on my dock. I then dl the dreamless dock and and dragged it to the icon. It doesn't seem to do anything, though. Any help??

12. GNice macrumors 6502

13. v-ault macrumors regular

14. Zawamura macrumors regular

15. ElCambo macrumors regular

I think this should get sticked so that everyone can see this and upload their creations onto the website.

16. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

You have to drag the zip file there. If the download is unzipped, it will not work. If you just click the file, leopard auto unzips it. Right click on the link and tell it to download the linked file. That will keep it from unzipping it. Hope this helps!

17. .fred macrumors regular

Woah, that iMac one seriously rocks!

Ill be looking out for more docks from Dockulicious!

18. theman macrumors 6502a

I feel so left out... using a side dock... too bad using the dock on the bottom sucks...

I noticed everyone went back to the triangles from Tiger. I kind of like the little lights on the side dock (as long as you aren't using the default desktop, or anything that has stars in it). But the lights on the bottom dock are terrible, so I can understand. what were they thinking with those blue oval things??? soo stupid.

I really like that black furry dock! cool!

19. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

O ok thanks a lot! I had no idea leopard would auto-unzip. That's actually yet another feature I'm learning osx beats windows

20. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Has anybody messing with the dock files figured out how to remove automatic shadows behind dock icons? I'd love to see what it looks like without them.

21. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

nospleen got it, thanks for the help!

thank you all for the great responses, we appreciate them!

now we just need a whole lot more docks. wish more people would upload theirs

22. Dany M macrumors 6502

What a great website, I am alreadying using one, thanks!

23. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

When I try to open the app, it closes without a message. What's maybe the problem and/or solution?

24. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, it doesn't really open. You just place the application icon wherever you want, and then once you download a dock from our website (as a .zip file) you drag that zip file over the DockSwitcher application icon and it replaces your current dock with the new one and restarts it so you see the changes immediately.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any trouble

25. outz macrumors 6502