Carrier Docomo 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mavis, Oct 10, 2015.

1. mavis, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015

mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Has anyone here ordered from docomo?

I ordered a 128GB silver Plus on 9/25 but there's still no word on when the damn thing will arrive. Meanwhile I'm seeing availability of all models at Apple Stores nationwide (no carrier models, just SIM-free) so it doesn't seem to be a problem with availability, more poor planning and/or general incompetence.

Has anyone else had any luck with these idiots?

2. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

In case anyone is interested, I found a website that tracks order status for all three Japanese mobile carriers, broken down by phone (6S vs 6S Plus) ... Apparently Docomo is unique in that NONE of the orders have been fulfilled. :rolleyes:

http://yoyakuget.com/iphone6s-plus/docomo/html/index.html

3. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

I'm on SoftBank. I didn't preorder. They had the model I wanted in stock (space gray 6S). I believe the 6S+ was available too.

4. pika2000 macrumors 68030

I'm assuming you are trying to get a subsidised one?
    The Apple stores seem to have plenty of the SIM free unlocked ones, to fulfil the demand of the Chinese tourists. :D

5. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Yeah I'm trying to get a subsidized one because it can be unlocked after six months for 3000円. ;)

Since I have to pay for service anyway, it makes no sense (to me) to spend $1000 on a SIM-free model this time around ...

6. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Unfortunately Softbank's coverage is crap (in my experience; I used them for six years before switching to AU) and they also seem to throttle FaceTime calls whereas AU does not. Hopefully docomo doesn't, either.

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Been using Softbank since they started service almost 10 years ago (and about 7 years before that through J-Phone and Vodafone) and I have had no problems with coverage for a long time now and I live in the relative wilderness of Kagawa Prefecture, not the Tokyo metropolitan area. On the other hand, friends with AU often complain of coverage issues in these parts. YMMV.