docs in uiwebview

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jagatnibas, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jagatnibas macrumors regular

I am displaying a word document content inside an UIWebView. All contents are ok, except that the embedded images are not displayed ! That place becomes blank. Is it a known issue ? How to resolve this ?

2. ianray macrumors 6502

Are you certain that the images are embedded (not linked)? What was the original format of the images?

3. jagatnibas thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for replying.

Is there a way I can inspect the document and say wheather the image is linked or embedded ? I did not make the document, so I dont know who made the document either.

When i move cursor over the image it does not give me a file name, so very hard to know what was the image format. The fact that i was given the doc and no such image is there anywhere in my PC, and i did not receive any image separately, and the image is displayed in the document, when opened in the PC, I assume they are embedded.

I converted the doc file to pdf and the image is displayed properly. I need to display it correctly for the doc file, at least that is what my customer wants.

thanks and regards

4. ianray macrumors 6502

I'm not so familiar with Word. One idea would be to right-click the image, and save it as, say, PNG then make a new document and paste the PNG in to it. Can UIWebView display that?