Docs to Go gotta GO?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by roycemac, Dec 26, 2011.

1. roycemac macrumors member

Has anyone here been using DocsToGo Premium?
    I downloaded Premium and so far I am disappointed.
    I installed the Desktop application and the Bluetooth transfer worked well.
    The problems are:
    1. My Excell workbooks did not fully transfer. Only a few pages of each workbook came over, and it was random from workbook to workbook. (each workbook has 10 pages...but only 3 transferred. Different workbooks had different pages missing)
    2. I can understand some formulas and formtting not being available...but the COMMENTS? They are a critical part of an excel sheet.

After so many issues with the excel sheets I haven't even looked at a Word or PDF doc.

Any thoughts or insight here would be appreciated.

2. roycemac thread starter macrumors member

Dataviz closed until WED 12/27....so can't even ask the question.
    So far very disappointed.
    My registration # turned up as invalid on their site.

Crappy Customer Service and once again their stuff does not work.
    DO NOT BUY!

I'm dumping this crap and getting something else...maybe Quick office.
    I'm hoping that someone here will actually respond....someone else must be viewing documents on their Ipad and if you're in business then its hard to avoid Excel Sheets.

3. matt90036 macrumors regular

yup, docstogo is a crappy application. I had one for android tablet i was extremely disappointed. quick office is better but not much. I have actually moved on from so called "office suits" to dedicated apps. for example right now I use readdle docs to organize my documents and transfer them in and out and between could. I use notability for note taking, text edition and saving files to PDF.

4. roycemac thread starter macrumors member

Can you view an Excel Workbook on Readdle and does it show the excel sheet COMMENTS attached to the cells?

5. matt90036 macrumors regular

no idea because I don't work with excel anymore but you can email the readdle guys.