Docs to Go Premium - Who is using it on Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by orlandocano, May 26, 2010.

1. orlandocano macrumors regular

I did not get Pages or Numbers because I was waiting for an MS Office suite app or something like that. I see that Docs to Go premium can be used with dropbox.

I went onto Itunes and all the reviews are for the iphone version. It also says the next free update will optimize the app for the Ipad screen. I read in a few threads that some people are already using it on ipad. I dont want to dish out $15 unless I read a few reviews from someone using this app on ipad already.

If anyone is using it i need to know two things:

1) How bad does it look on the ipad screen

2) Can I take an excel file from dropbox, edit it, and save it back to mydropbox folder...

Thanking you in advance for your input

2. caubeck macrumors 6502

We're all waiting for the Universal version to be released. It was submitted on Monday. Experience tells me it will be very good but you could wait till the weekend. The current version is only barely compatible with the iPad.

3. orlandocano thread starter macrumors regular

1) Where do people look to find which apps are being submited/denied/approvde???

2) If it was submited on Monday, when do you think it will be released??? If this app makes using ms office possible and easy on my ipad, my ipad experience would be perfect!!

4. caubeck macrumors 6502

There isn't a page showing apps about to be updated or launched, but if you check the Dataviz website and forums you'll see they submitted the update this week. It could take a week to be approved, or it might happen while you're reading this. D2G will be better than Pages, I'm sure, until the iWorks people decide to make a tinsy little bit more effort not to lose their user base.

5. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

6. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

...patiently waiting...

this and also waiting for annotation support in GoodReader.

Once I have both, iPad will replace my notebook on short trips / meetings.

7. orlandocano thread starter macrumors regular

Ditto! Been so tempted to buy office2 HD but am holding off... Because everything I have read makes me feel like docs to go is the better app

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

It's on sale this weekend. 20% off.

I hope the iPad version has file sharing built in.

9. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Instant buy! Thanks for the heads up.

Now my patience for the iPad support update. :D

10. caubeck macrumors 6502

It's certainly taking it's time. I hope it's not delayed by Apple trying to sell Pages to the world first....

11. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I bought iWork for me Mac last year and felt like i wasted my money. I'll stick to office. Docs2Go seems to be the clear choice for iPhone.

12. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Office2 HD does not support office 2007 docs ie .docx, .xlsx or .pptx files. Deal breaker for me.

13. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

I'm really starting to suspect this is the case. Has DataViz mentioned that they already passed the update and still pending approval? I hope the Apple approval team is not jerking it around to milk iWorks sales.

Edit: Just got this from their forums. Posted May 25:

http://forums.dataviz.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=548&start=20

Approvals usually range from 5 to 7 days. I certainly hope Apple will dish this out soon.

14. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

With the Memorial Day Weekend, I highly doubt it will be approved before the end of the month. Maybe it will be approved before WWDC.