Docs to go

Discussion in 'iPad' started by r0k, Apr 10, 2010.

?

Will you consider using docs2go on your iPad?

Poll closed May 25, 2010.
  1. No way, I'm happy viewing stuff. It's not a computer darn it!

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. iWork does all I need.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Yes but it's ugly in 2x. I'm waiting for an iPad version.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. Yes, I now can create more content than before.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

For those trying to "do real work" on their ipads, there is an iPhone app worth looking at. Docs 2 Go premium. Yes, I know it's an iPhone app, but dataviz never got the memo claiming that all ithings are toys. I tried it and it opens ms office format docs as well as google docs. Once they make an iPad version I'll be all over it.

I was able to pull word doc attachments from my email and I could have saved it to google docs if I wanted to. The only price is 15 bucks for the app plus staring at it in 1x or 2x.

2. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

Me too, I am not sure about iWorks. Hopefully in the next few weeks DataViz will have a iPad ready app so I can compare.

3. r0k thread starter macrumors 68040

r0k

I should also admit I have iWork it's just that I already owned docs to go on my iPod touch but rarely used it. I installed it on my iPad to see if it offered more options to create content and it does. I'm hoping that dataviz offers an upgrade path so I won't be faced with paying full price for the iPad version when it comes out.

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Pages does everything I need and more. From short stories to novels I'm covered, it's pretty advanced.

I'm sure Docs to Go is a bit more advanced, but for most people (99%) Pages will do it fine, and in a much more elegant, user-friendly way most likely.

5. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

I would rather see a Office App for the iPad.

6. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Is there an app that will allow you to edit google docs in real time, the same way you do on the google website when using google spreadsheets?

7. bmat macrumors 6502

footnotes and basic formatting would be very useful -- and necessary to be even a lite word processor.

8. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I always preferred Quickoffice on my iPhone. Don't think they have an iPad version yet though.

9. str1f3 macrumors 68000

I voted a conditional yes. Documents to Go on mobile phones are the best in class. For the iPad it would have to approach Office type functionality.

10. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

Dataviz says the iPad update is coming soon.

11. LightRoom macrumors member

LightRoom