Doctors who have iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amiremami, Jul 8, 2010.

1. amiremami macrumors newbie

As we know uptodate software is the best clinical referance for physicians, but uptodate inc still refuses to publish their software for iPhone. here is a petition to show that there a lot of requests for uptodate on iPhone.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/uptodate/petition.html

2. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Sounds like a great idea. Too bad I'm not a doctor. :eek:

3. izibo macrumors 6502

Why? it works fine via cell / wifi for me, and the interface is nice.

4. amirmedical macrumors newbie

uptodate has a software for windows mobile witch doesnt need any wifi connection. we want that software for iPhone, when you cant reach wifi its very usefull!

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68

7. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

i'll sign it I'm a paramedic just rmember to show us some love when we bring you a Pt. LOL J/K

8. kwyn macrumors regular

Why, when my doctor started looking up medications on his iphone, did that make me feel a little uncomfortable???

I mean, I'm guess I'm glad he's looking it up and wanting to be correct, but most of doctors just know what to prescribe...

I dunno... Just me maybe?

9. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I'll sign your petit.... Oh no I'm not a Dr, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. :D

10. weeman macrumors 6502

11. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

up2date is nice..but requires an expensive subscription...I have a subscription from the med school i graduated from, but it requires a 3rd party sign in website..so even if they ported the service to the iphone, not sure i would even have access... Medscape, and a good calculator should be sufficient.

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No, it's not.

A good physician will always confirm information from a trusted source if in doubt. As medicine is an ever-evolving field of knowledge, if you ever see a doctor who "knows everything", it's time to find a new doctor.

13. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this one.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Just maybe because there are new drugs all of the time that doctors should read about. Perhaps not in the exam room, but they should be reading all the same. :rolleyes:

15. nezzy macrumors newbie

+1. But the option for uptodate would be nice!

16. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

17. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I am a medical student still but I use epocrates with the $99 annual account as it provides most useful clinical info you might need. I am not sure what specialty you are in, but I recommend the app if you have not tried it. There is a free version as well but it is limited as far as drug interactions/meds go.

18. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

+1

19. moloukhya macrumors regular

I understand why a patient might be concerned to see a health professional consulting a reference. However, it's well worth consulting current references to see if a) there's a newer drug that might be a better fit, or b) a current drug may have a new off-label use and it's worth checking to see what evidence there may be to support or refute its use. Its all about making an informed decision :)

20. crunchymilk55 macrumors member

well if you prefer slow and out of date versus instant and always correct, I'll keep that in mind for you!

21. fairoasis macrumors member

As a nurse, I understand why you would feel uncomfortable with your doc looking up things on their handhelds....they KNOW everything *snicker, cough*. However, I'd rather have them look something up to confirm their knowledge compared to one that THINKS they know everything. My personal doc looks up drugs all the time....to see if it's on the Wal Mart $4 formulary. He believes there is no reason to pay $89 for an Rx if you can get the same results with a $4 one.