Documents always opening in 3 col view - how?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by benmadrid, Apr 8, 2007.

1. benmadrid macrumors member

Hi,

Every time I open the documents folder in the finder (by clicking on the icon in the left hand panel), it opens in list view and I then click on the little 3 column icon to switch to 3 column view. Can I configure it somehow so it always opens directly in the 3 column view?

Thanks-

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Try this: Command-click the Documents icon to make it open its own separate window. Set the view as desired, then close it. That SHOULD save the change.

3. benmadrid thread starter macrumors member

4. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Sure thing. It really SHOULD be more intuitive than that.

Finder, I'm looking at YOU!

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one.

I love column view and want to use it all the time. Is there a way to tell OS X to always open any finder window in column view?

6. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I'm not sure how to do that.

I Command-doublcicked on MachintoshHD on desktop, set it to column view and closed it.

Then I Command-clicked on the finder in my dock, set it to column view.

Finder > Preferences > General > Open new windows in column view has always been checked on my machine.

When I create a new folder on my desktop, and open it, it opens up in icon view.

8. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

It's Siracusa's wet dream. Our worst nightmare. Even I can't figure out what Finder is doing sometimes!

Spatiality sucks.