Resolved Documents & Spreadsheets

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chattahoochee, Feb 14, 2013.

1. chattahoochee, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

chattahoochee macrumors 6502

In a book I bought regarding Macs, it mentions "Word Processing Documents" & "Spreadsheets" in iWorks like Microsoft for Mac and Apple as well as Microsoft Excel for Mac. This is not part of the Snow Leopard OS I downloaded. Does this have to be purchased separately ?

2. neilly93 macrumors member

Yes, you'll either have to buy MS Office for Mac or Apple's alternative - iWork.

Alternatively, the constituent parts of iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote) can be downloaded individually from the App Store.

3. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

Looking at "iworks" it is hard to determine the full scope of the software. It shows all kinds of process's icloud for one. i am more interested in "Word Procossers" & 'Spreadsheets".

4. neilly93 macrumors member

Numbers is Apple's version of Excel, so should deal with any spreadsheet requirements you have. Similarly, Pages is a lot like MS Word, and should be enough for your word processing needs.

As I said earlier, MS Office for Mac might also be an alternative. 2011 is the most recent version, but 2008 might be a cheaper option if you can find a copy on eBay.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is a free office suite called Libre Office that might suit your needs.