Documents To Go for iPad and VGA Out - Is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by biosci, Jun 2, 2010.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Anyone know if this is possible with either the PPT reader or any aspect of the program? I do have iWork, but if docs 2 go can handle proper viewing without too much crazy conversion that iWork needs to go through, I'm all for it as well AND to have as an alternative program to work with on the iPad... But it would be great with the VGA out as I'd use it in the classroom with my students.

2. SkepticOnWheels macrumors newbie

No, Documents to Go Premium doesn't even offer a slideshow view, so I think that's a no. And although I don't have the VGA adapter to test it yet, someone over at iPadForums reported that there was no video output when they tested it. All very frustrating.

The only prospect I see at the moment is some new VGA out apps reportedly can do this. Projector! (just released today) looks very promising for documents (supports Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Pages, Numbers, Keynote). Supposedly the Expedition VGA browser can also display Powerpoint presentations.

While these look promising, I am also getting a bit jaded that every task seems to require routing through multiple apps just to accomplish something quite basic.

3. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

No, I tried it when I got my update yesterday - such a shame because the D2G app is so near to perfection! However, you can work around it by opening D2G and then the relevant powerpoint and selecting 'Open in...' Keynote or Expedition. Expedition just shows it as a bunch of slides though rather than a proper presentation. Opening in Keynote was fine and I haven't lost too much formatting.

I use presentations all the time, and really hope D2G adds this functionality...