Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoda3984

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Well, according to the DataViz website, it's coming!

Link

I, for one, am excited we're finally going to see a document suite for the iPhone. I loved Documents to Go on my Treo, so I'll definitely buy it when it comes out. Too bad there's no time frame for a release date.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
being able to edit word and excel files would be a big deal to me. it looks like the price tag on the other smartphones range all over the place. hopefully they'll have price point around $20.

I'm curious why Google Docs through the google app are uneditable. hopefully they'll come through and make this available, and free, soon. to me, that's the best solution.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
being able to edit word and excel files would be a big deal to me. it looks like the price tag on the other smartphones range all over the place. hopefully they'll have price point around $20.

I'm curious why Google Docs through the google app are uneditable. hopefully they'll come through and make this available, and free, soon. to me, that's the best solution.

I really don't understand why Google haven't carried on making iphone apps.

They made the search one and... well that's about it. Why don't we have a GMail app like on other phones? Or an ebuddy app which other phones have?

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
I really don't understand why Google haven't carried on making iphone apps.

They made the search one and... well that's about it. Why don't we have a GMail app like on other phones? Or an ebuddy app which other phones have?

Stock Apple mail app works just fine with Gmail/IMAP. Most of other Google apps (Reader, Calendar) have iPhone optimized web pages, which also work perfectly fine.

I never understood the point of stand-alone apps (like Google Search), which don't really add any value over native web apps. OK, Google Search can search local iPhone contacts on top of web content, but that's hardly a big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.