Documents to Go for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Yoda3984, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

Well, according to the DataViz website, it's coming!

Link

I, for one, am excited we're finally going to see a document suite for the iPhone. I loved Documents to Go on my Treo, so I'll definitely buy it when it comes out. Too bad there's no time frame for a release date.

2. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

3. iPegboy macrumors regular

being able to edit word and excel files would be a big deal to me. it looks like the price tag on the other smartphones range all over the place. hopefully they'll have price point around $20.

I'm curious why Google Docs through the google app are uneditable. hopefully they'll come through and make this available, and free, soon. to me, that's the best solution.

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

I really don't understand why Google haven't carried on making iphone apps.

They made the search one and... well that's about it. Why don't we have a GMail app like on other phones? Or an ebuddy app which other phones have?

5. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Stock Apple mail app works just fine with Gmail/IMAP. Most of other Google apps (Reader, Calendar) have iPhone optimized web pages, which also work perfectly fine.

I never understood the point of stand-alone apps (like Google Search), which don't really add any value over native web apps. OK, Google Search can search local iPhone contacts on top of web content, but that's hardly a big deal.