Documents to Go Update Submitted

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by BigIslander, May 29, 2010.

1. BigIslander macrumors newbie

According to an administrator's post on DataViz's forum, the company submitted an update of its popular Documents to Go office suite on Monday, 5/24. The update is supposed to be optimized for the iPad. Some publicity would be great, lest the folks at Apple slow the approval process to help Pages. Pages is a nice program, but compatibility issues make it almost useless for working with MS Word files, e.g., it strips out footnotes and other formatting when you import a Word file. I'm hoping Documents to Go will make the iPad more practical as a notebook replacement.

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

It would be for me, if it will allow me to access and edit the documents I have stored on MobileMe's iDisk. Crossing my fingers....

3. jbouklas macrumors regular

Finally! I was an early adopter of Office Squared, because of it's google docs support, and they just added Dropbox support, too. If the price is right, i'll give this a try, too.

Once Quickoffice makes it over to the iPad, we'll have some nice options. Just wish Pages integrated with online services-at least with MobileMe.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

So with docs 2 go premium you can open, edit, and save a file that is in drop box without having transferred it over first?

I got the original version of the software before there was a premium so I'm pretty upset i jumped the gun.

5. caubeck macrumors 6502

Both were released at once but there was a name change.

1.0 - Released June 14, 2009

Initial release of the product for iPhone and iPod Touch
    Two editions available: "Documents To Go" and "Documents To Go with Exchange Attachments"

3.0 (Premium) - Released December 30, 2009

Product Name Change:

"Documents To Go with Exchange Attachments" has been renamed to "Documents To Go Premium" because it now includes other features (in addition to synchronizing Exchange attachments) which are not included in the standard "Documents To Go" (see "New Features" below).

6. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

Awesome!

7. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Update is out!!!!!!

Yes!!! Finally approved and ready for the public. Sigh of relief.