Documents to Go vs. pages/numbers/keynote

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by hansvon, Aug 23, 2011.

1. hansvon macrumors member

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I guess I'm not entirely clear on what Docs to Go does. Like, can I make fresh new word/excel/PP files straight from my iPad? Is there any point to having all of these apps or can one do with just one set? I already have Pages and I need to make edits to an excel document so I'm just wondering if I should get Numbers or the whole Documents to Go app. Thanks!

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

It basically boils down to spit & polish, Apple's iWork apps are prettier but DocsToGo will allow you to create documents and also save to Dropbox, which the iWork apps can't do. What kind of documents work are you looking to do?

3. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

I agree with jaseone's comments. In addition docs 2 go or Office HD can act as a file management substitute. For example, you can create folders for a specific project with all relevant word, excell, ppt, and pdfs in one place. (Just like a real computer). I have both IWork and Office HD, and use Office 90% of the time because I'm not doing much sophisticated editing/polish on the Ipad. But your needs might be different.