Documents to go, who has used it?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Tralasau, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Tralasau macrumors newbie

I want to know if anyone here has bought this app to use with google docs. I was a big google doc user so have hundreds of files. Apparently it was just released to work with the iPad and has synchronization.

Also, in my google doc spreadsheets I usually linked to google doc word files using the URL command. I doubt this would work in in app, because I'm guessing any URL will just open in safari, so does anyone have any tricks on how to link documents within the google docs universe without going outside of apps?

Thanks everyone!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I don't know how helpful my experience is but I purchased docs2go premium on my iPod Touch and brought it over to my iPad. I used it to "take a look at" documents I had in google docs but I didn't do any "serious edits". I have not had a chance to update to the new universal version of docs2go yet but when I do, I plan to take a look at google docs as well as opening files from my idisk.

3. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I have used this for some time now. I now use it instead of Notes, etc. I use it for Editing/Viewing Word, Excel, Power Point. I use it to view .pdf files.
    I run Windows 7 with Docs To Go Desktop for Syncing with my PC. I also have a Google Docs account and it also Syncs with it.

The interface/options for Syncing could be with more Options. For now, you can sync a Folder called 'Cloud Files' with Google, Desktop Files with your computer, or have files in the Local Folder that don't sync. At this time, the Google will only sync with it's Folder on your iPhone, and the others are likewise. You can keep a copy of the same file in each folder, but I wish they gave the option to Sync one file with multiple locations (Desktop Computer, Portable, Google, etc.)
    I hope this info helps you.

The program is a great program.

4. reiichiroh macrumors regular

I bought the iPad version yesterday as well. I used to use it back in my Palm days.

Boy is it ugly. I wish it could be refined to Apple user interface guidelines.