Documents to Go .. Word processing question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPegboy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. iPegboy, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

iPegboy macrumors regular

I'm not currently an iPad user and have long considered getting one. But one thing that has slowed me is Word processing.

It looks like Documents to Go might be a good program. It appears you can create a Word document and store it locally. My question is can you then attach that document in an email? Can the person on the other end open it as a regular Word document?

(These are probably dumb, basic questions. But It would be really awesome for me if it could happen. Cloud based storage isn't ideal for my situation.)

2. Mdifilm macrumors regular

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I use QuickOffice Pro HD, and I can email the documents from within the application and open them up in Word/Excel/PowerPoint on either my Mac or PC. I would imagine Documents to Go is the same, but I prefer QuickOffice. I tried Documents to Go a long time ago and didnt like how it handed Powerpoint files.

4. iPegboy thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Awesome, thank you both. I'll take a hard look at both programs and see what I like the best.