.docx files creating .docx folder when saved....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tracedef, Feb 10, 2009.

1. tracedef macrumors newbie

For some reason when I save a Microsoft 2008 Word file to my desktop, as soon as I am done saving it, stuffit opens and a folder with the same name as the .docx file is created that contains the .docx info .... so everytime I save one file I end up with 1 word doc and one corresponding folder.....

Any feedback on how to stop this or hide the folders or put the folders in their default directory? Thanks!!!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have Stuffit Deluxe installed, by any chance? If you do, odds are what's happening is that Stuffit is set to watch the folder you're saving the .docx files to, and Stuffit notices that they're a type of archive it can auto-decompress so it does so. The solution is to either change your watched folder settings in Stuffit, save the files elsewhere, or both.

3. tracedef thread starter macrumors newbie

4. duncreavy macrumors newbie

How do you create folders in word 2008

Previous versions allowed you to have folders and subfolders for docs but can't find this option in the newest version. Can anyone help? Thanks.

5. EnzoFX macrumors newbie

I am having this issue currently.

I have Stuffit setup to auto-expand any archives in my Downloads folder. I love this feature, and I would hate to have to turn it off, just because I can't tell Stuffit, to leave .docx files alone.

I can't seem to disassociate the extension through any normal means, anyone have any further insight? I do not want to stop Stuffit from watching the Download's folder, and I'd hate to have to worry about place .docx files there...