Dodgy battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tusenstammar, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Tusenstammar macrumors newbie

Hey,

I've had my iPhone 4 for 2 years now and I thought I'd do the inevitable battery change on the cheap and ordered a battery from a 3rd party supplier (along with a "iPhone opening kit")

The stuff arrived but the Phillips-screwdriver in the "iPhone opening kit" is too big to be of any use in opening an iPhone. The kit is useless in other words. What's more the company refuses to take any responsibility, maintaining there's nothing wrong with their "opening kit".

It's not that big of a problem, I can get a screwdriver from other places (and have), but it got me thinking..

What about the battery they sent me? Is it as compatible with my iPhone as the opening kit? They advertised it as a "genuine iPhone battery". Obviously it can't be genuine unless it's from Apple, it could be identical however(?).

Anyway, now I'm torn between cutting my losses and using the battery and just throwing everything they sent me in the trash.

Any input?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

I would personally only buy a battery that had positive reviews of people actually using the new battery, if you bought it on eBay take some time to go through their feedback, likewise on amazon. You don't want to throw any random battery in there.

Hope you figure everything out! :)