dodgy headphone port

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Got an Iphone 6+ recently, iv noticed that the headphone port is.. a bit crap, when the earphone are plugged in they crackle when moved and the song dips in volume a bit...

anyone else got this issue and how did you resolve it? im guessing a trip to the apple store is in question but I dont wanna wait for a repair will they just replace it?

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Got an Iphone 6+ recently, iv noticed that the headphone port is.. a bit crap, when the earphone are plugged in they crackle when moved and the song dips in volume a bit...

anyone else got this issue and how did you resolve it? im guessing a trip to the apple store is in question but I dont wanna wait for a repair will they just replace it?
I've had an issue similar to that before and it turned out to be a really junk 3.5mm adapter, as I used a higher quality pair of headphones I had and it worked fine. Have you tried a different pair?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Possibly try cleaning the port as well. Could just be some dirt causing the issue. Just another suggestion to try.

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
it might be the connection on your headphones instead. i had the issue where i plug in my EarPods and when i twist the end of the EarPods thats connected to the phone, it will crackle and volume will go up and down. i tested it with another pair of earphones and they work fine so i went to the apple store to replace the defective EarPods.