dodgy headphone port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by salacious, Jun 30, 2015.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

Got an Iphone 6+ recently, iv noticed that the headphone port is.. a bit crap, when the earphone are plugged in they crackle when moved and the song dips in volume a bit...

anyone else got this issue and how did you resolve it? im guessing a trip to the apple store is in question but I dont wanna wait for a repair will they just replace it?

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I've had an issue similar to that before and it turned out to be a really junk 3.5mm adapter, as I used a higher quality pair of headphones I had and it worked fine. Have you tried a different pair?

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Possibly try cleaning the port as well. Could just be some dirt causing the issue. Just another suggestion to try.

4. wongster macrumors regular

it might be the connection on your headphones instead. i had the issue where i plug in my EarPods and when i twist the end of the EarPods thats connected to the phone, it will crackle and volume will go up and down. i tested it with another pair of earphones and they work fine so i went to the apple store to replace the defective EarPods.