Dodgy magsafe or battery??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmcgrath, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I have a Macbook Pro Core Duo Which is over a year old now, which recently has been giving me a bit of grief over it's charging.

The light on the magsafe whilst charging keeps changing from amber to green. This might happen every 5 minutes or so, changing to green and then changing back to amber. The battery indicator in the menu bar also changes when this happens.

About 6 months ago I had my battery replaced as its health dropped to about 50% after only about 60 cycles. Back in November of last year I had my charger replaced as it just gave up! I've reset the pram, checked the magsafe pins, cleaned any bits of dirt and dust from both the charger and the macbook connection and that hasn't resolved anything.

Any of you guys have any ideas before I have to call Apple and spend an hour on hold before I get speaking to someone?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

This could be your adapter's problem but could also be the battery's problem. I have had my adapter replaced twice within 6 month. I think it's best for you to call AppleCare, you should qualify for replacement of defective materials (battery and/or adapter).

Good luck and sorry I can't be of much help.