Dodgy post in the Apple Reportedly Disrupting iPhone Competitors thread

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by philbeeney, Mar 9, 2010.

1. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

Page 2 of the "Apple Reportedly Disrupting iPhone Competitors With Legal Threats Backed Up by HTC Suit" thread has been corrupted by what appears to be an un-numbered post in the thread. See attached pictures from Safari, Firefox and Opera which highlights the problem.

Picture 1 is Safari, Picture 2 is Firefox and Picture 4 is Opera.

Attached Files:

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

it looks to be your browsers, try firefox, i've just looked at page two and it's fine :S

edit, it's page 3 and damn it looks worse on firefox :O

Attached Files:

3. philbeeney thread starter macrumors 6502

philbeeney

Yeah, there's an edited un-numbered post between post 59 and 60 which is causing the problem. Perhaps the post was edited whilst the mods were removing references to deleted posts and something went AWOL.

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It's fixed now. Was something to do with the quote tag.

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I had the same issue on FF when reading that thread. Occurred at the same time mail.app suddenly started throwing blank windows at me which it's never done before. My first thought was omg there's a ghost in my machine!; then 'have I finally caught a new mac virus?'.

Google revealed it's a known but rare issue with Mail, and other sites were ok on FF and a reboot sorted it all out. Phew!

6. philbeeney thread starter macrumors 6502

philbeeney

Ah yes, much better. I was interested in the way Safari and Firefox screwed up the page, but Opera gracefully carried on displaying the rest of the page correctly. Makes you wonder which is the correct way of failing according to W3C standards, especially as there are three different browser engines.